The Director and the Executive Committee
The Director of NC3 is appointed by decision of the Council and he controls ordinary operations of the centre. The Director is responsible to members of NC3 and the Council for fulfilling the program. He also controls and is liable for protection of intellectual property and commercialization of NC3 outputs.
The decisions about the centre´s operating matters are in the hands of Executive Committee. It also decides about Council´s members, International advisory board´s members, suggests possible candidates for the Director position to the Council and discusses the annual report submitted by the Director.
The Council is the highest decision-making body of the Centre. It determines the conceptual and strategic directions, and it controls fulfilling the strategic research agenda, and it also supervises cooperation with the applied sphere. The Council is composed of representatives from research organizations and also from the representatives from the expert community.
- doc. RNDr. Václav Račanský, CSc. – independent cybersecurity expert
- Ing. Jan Gruntorád, CSc. – Director of CESNET
- Ing. Tomáš Kubala, MBA – Director of Industry Cluster 4.0
- prof. Ing. Tomáš Hruška CSc., Vice-Rector of BUT
- Ing. Ladislav Chodák - Chairman of the Regional Chamber of Commerce Brno
- prof. JUDr. Radim Polčák, Ph.D., Vice-Rector of MU
- Ing. Radek Holý, Ph.D., Vice-Rector of CTU
- Ing. Radim Kocourek - Operations Director of the South Moravian Innovation Center
- Ing. Jiří Sedláček - Director of Network Security Monitoring Cluster
- Ing. Milan Šimek, Ph.D., Director at Sewio Networks, s.r.o.
- Ing. Jaroslav Šmíd - Deputy Minister NÚKIB
- prof. Dr. Ing. Pavel Zemčík, BUT, Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology prof.
- RNDr. Jiří Zlatuška, CSc., MU, representative of the Faculty of Informatics
- Tomáš Halva, CEO of Beckhoff Automation s.r.o. Petr Odehnal, co-founder of Grisoft, later AVG / AVAST
- Mgr. Václav Stupka, Ph.D.
International advisory board
IAB is a vocational advisory body composed of foreign experts. It declares statements about research matters, development and technological transfer. IAB makes suggestions about research focus, it provides consultation for researchers, and it participates in the Council´s decision-making processes. All this ensures international relevance and competitiveness of NC3´s research.
- Univ. Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. Tanja Zseby, Head of the Institute of Telecommunications at the Technical University Vienna
- Prof. Evgeny Kucheryavy, Head of the Laboratory ET4NBIC (Emerging Technologies for Nano-Bio-Info-Cogno) at the Tamper University of Technology
- Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. DDr. Gerald Quirchmayr – a member of the Scientific Council on SBA Research and Professor at the University of Vienna
- Prof. Tal Zarsky – Vice-Dean and Professor at the Haifa University
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Aiko Pras – Professor at the University of Twente
- prof. RNDr. Tomáš Pitner, Ph.D.
Memorandum of cooperation
- The National Cyber and Information Agency,
- Masaryk University,
- Brno University of Technology,
- Brno Regional Chambre of Commerce,
agreed on cooperation in the cybersecurity area.
Supporters of the Memorandum are:
- South-Moravian region,
- South Moravian Innovation Center.
The purpose of the Memorandum is the development of scientific and research activities and cooperation between research institutions and industry in the mentioned area.